Zhejiang University is seeking candidates and nominations for the position of Dean of Zhejiang University-University of Edinburgh Joint Institute (ZJE Institute). Building on the existing strengths of its world leading partners the ZJE Institute focuses on biomedical and health science, particularly stem cell and regenerative medicine, inflammation and immunity, infectious diseases, etc. ZJE brings together the best practices of Zhejiang University School of Basic Medical Sciences and the University of Edinburgh Medical School: Biomedical Sciences. ZJE is a unique and successful partnership between two World leading Universities and awarded the Education Institutional Partnership of the Year 2018-2020: Zhejiang University ranks 53rd in the QS World Rankings 2020; University of Edinburgh ranks 20th.
ZJE is situated at Zhejiang University International Campus Haining, 80 miles southwest of Shanghai and 50 miles northeast of Hangzhou. The International Campus, Zhejiang University is major pillar of ZJU’s internationalization strategy.
Zhejiang University seeks to appoint a visionary scientist and educator able to lead ZJE into the future through a rapidly changing scientific and research funding environment. The Dean will facilitate Zhejiang University-University of Edinburgh Institute’s ambition to build a world leading educational and research partnership in biomedicine of international standing, connecting scientific endeavour to society through teaching, basic and translational research and entrepreneurship. This is a unique opportunity for an innovative leader and accomplished scientist to join one of the leading international education and research joint institutes in China.
2. understands the value of biomedical science research, research-led education and its benefits for all humankind,
3. able to make a compelling case to scientific, research and education leaders for the support and promotion of ZJE research and education globally,
4. able to implement the strategic vision to strengthen this prestigious Institute and lead it toward its core mission to develop the model of international education partnership.
5. demonstrates integrity and cultural sensitivity,
6. has had senior-level scientific administrative experience, including demonstrated ability to manage a large complex research and teaching institute.
7. is an innovative first class internationally renowned researcher, qualified in a field relevant to the scientific priorities of the Institute, who understands the importance of novel approaches for the development of biomedical science research,
8. has profound understanding of national and regional development strategies, particularly the “Double First-class Initiative” and the Integrated Development of Yangtze River Delta,
9. fluent in English and Mandarin.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with education and experience. The positions are also eligible for a comprehensive benefit package of Zhejiang University.
How to Apply
Closing date for receipt of applications is November 15, 2020. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching and research accomplishments, as well as three references to:
Tel: +86-571-88981345 18258283979
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
Zhejiang University is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to our mission “Empower future international leaders and citizens with skills, passion, ambition, resourcefulness, and knowledge (SPARK) to enable them to change their world”.